There might be other ways to obtain this item, but it might not be ever available again.
This weapon can be considered quite gimmicky - while it does kill most zombies with a single launch of a present, they usually have to be right next to the present. While it's not the most useful weapon, it's still fun to play around with. Consider this a cool collectible, and not much else.
Along with certain other festive items like the Bell, the X-Mas Launcher was created to spread some holiday cheer in dark times. On Christmas day, a certain collectible was opened by hundreds of survivors and out popped this - firing presents that carried grenades, it was found to be not of much use, but still pretty fun to play around with.
A few survivors stated, "There should've been Pipebombs in the presents instead."
- While it may be weaker then the M202, since there is a delay between it exploding on impact on ground, there is less risk of suicide.
- The presents explode after about 3 seconds. Make sure to time your shots.
- Even if the game says this weapon does 100 damage, this weapon has shown to be capable of dealing up to 300 damage instead.
- As such, with a good shot, the X-Mas Launcher has the capacity to kill or severely weaken anyone in Free For All.
- Similar to the M202, you can't rocket jump with it.
- Since this weapon is not banned in FFA, it may be a good idea to use it on FFA rounds, but it won't kill through walls.
- To protect yourself from a trigger-finger from using melees, you may want to equip this first to slowly ease yourself back into explosive secondaries.