This allows for precise shots at a long range at the cost of being terrible for close ranged combat.
The Vortex Viper was originally created for recreational hunting as was also the Remington 700.
Unsurprisingly, it's also quite good for hunting zombies. To give their Remington an extra boost, L-Brain Sidework started mass producing these for survivors to use.
- This scope is helpful to see mobs that are farther away.
- As such, this can be useful in scouting out mobs from a distance.
- You do have to factor bullet speed into your shots, so be sure to compensate.
- It's highly recommended to scope for long-range only, as close-range will easily get you killed by mobs.
- This is currently the oldest available scope in R2DA.
- The oldest scope, even if it is a holographic scope, is the XPS3-2.
- When the Remington 700 became meshed, the Vortex also changes appearance to go along with it.
- Prior to v0.7.8, this scope used to give +25 Accuracy and +100 Range.
- The Leupold Mark 4 supplies the same buffs as this scope, but the Leupold basically is more expensive.