If you are tired of the Ironsights and teh LP Hawkview for the and want a suitable replacement, this is the recommended Attachment for you. It might even be your first buy for this aspect of the game.
This allows for precise shots at a long range at the cost of being (mostly) terrible for close ranged combat.
The Vortex Viper was originally created for recreational hunting as was also the Remington 700.
Unsurprisingly, it's also quite good for hunting zombies. To give their Remington an extra boost, L-Brain Sidework started mass producing these for survivors to use.
As production was cheap, R-Brain Hardwork started selling this for the SCAR-H. Due to the mass demand for this scope, the cost was increased to further increase profits. This, unfortunately, had a profound affect on the Remington 700 scope sales.
- This scope is helpful to see mobs that are further away.
- As such, this can be useful in scouting out mobs from a distance.
- You do have to factor bullet speed into your shots, so be sure to compensate.
- It's highly recommended to scope for long-range only, as close-range will easily get you killed by mobs.
- The Vortex pairs well with the SCAR-H, even at close-range due to accuracy bonus that is supplied with it.
- Accuracy increased from 25 to 75 in v0.7.8.
- Skin Support added in v1.1.8.
- Changed from CSG to mesh in v0.7.9.
- Accuracy decreased from 75 to 50 in v1.2.0.
- Price increased from 1,400$ to 9,600$ in v1.2.0.
- This is currently the oldest available scope in R2DA.
- The oldest scope, even if it is a holographic scope, is the XPS3-2.
- When the Remington 700 became meshed, the Vortex also changes appearance to go along with it.
- The Remington 700 Vortex will have a price reduction in the future.