It's like a normal bow, but instead of using lethal projectiles, you use plungers. These plungers are special, and if any mob is hit by them, they are tripped. Landing these shots are quite difficult, however, so take your pick. The Toybow alone isn't reliable enough to kill enemies to the point where it doesn't kill Normal Zombies with all shots.
To increase profits, Hellish Night decided to broaden their horizons. Instead of focusing exclusively on seasonal weapons, plans were made to also produce not-so-seasonal weapons.
Manufacturing a bow was their first choice. However, creating a bow is expensive, so materials were swapped out for the cost-efficient choice, that being plastic. Mass producing arrows was also expensive, and the best alternative that was chosen were plungers.
In the end, this product was still technically a bow. You can't sue because of a technicality, so Hellish Night was free to market this as a bonafide bow.
- You can equip this as a Primary through the Double Equip system but you cannot gain extra arrows to carry around.
- It might be a good idea to purchase the item to those who are wanting collectibles, as it is unknown when the Toybow will NOT be available for purchase again.
- Even with the weak damage the Toybow does, the plungers that are fired trip mobs.
- This can be useful in Free For All, as with a good shot, it will completely render adversaries vulnerable.
- This can also be useful for tripping a Brute from a distance so it can do nothing but shield itself.
- This small perk can also be useful to use during Rapid Infection, as you don't have to expend your energy attempting to trip zombies with melee.
- You aren't shooting bullets, you're shooting arrows.
- With every shot, you have to factor in gravity, and therefore have to shoot in an arc.
- You can compare this to using the M202, which also fires using an arc.
- Part of the Chronos Series.
- This is presumably based on the Toy Sword and the Crossbow from R2D 2014.
- This is the first ranged weapon to be based on a bow and to have a trip effect.
- This is the first event weapon to have a skin, not including the default.