This weapon fires a short stream of fire out in front of you. The fire covers a large area, and any zombie that walks into it is instantly set on fire. Aiming isn't needed for this weapon, and unlike the past rendition, you can refill it to your heart's desire.
Flamethrowers are unique weapons. No other has the ability to spew fire at your enemies. Watch and laugh as your adversaries turn to ash before your eyes. For many reasons, it is a very dangerous and powerful weapon.
Unfortunately, in an apocalypse, it has actually lost a bit of its potency. Everyone knows that once you are lit on fire, you panic. You're virtually incapacitated as soon as it touches you. Sadly, this is not the case with those ambling fools that populate the streets. A pity. At least you can still get some fun out of watching their grotesque faces melt into ashes and smell the scent of rotting flesh slowly permeate the air arou— oh. Sorry. Forget about the details.
Using the abundance of propane and natural gas left around (you don't really need much of it anymore. No one's found a barbeque in a while), R-Brain Hardwork created this magnificent specimen, truly unlike any other weapon.
- This weapon excels at cleaning up hordes of mobs.
- Where it truly shines is cleaning up any Normal Zombie.
- However, an Elemental will be healed by the flames.
- A Ticker, too, can't normally be damaged by this weapon.
- However, they can be damaged by it if they are first knocked down by the Fire Extinguisher.
- Firing too close to a zombie may not affect the zombie at all.
- Stick with teammates so that you'll stand a chance if a Ticker or Elemental tries to ruin your day.
- If you're planning to take on a Brute, catch it off-guard or at low HP. The short range can be dangerous.
- Knocking them down prior to burning them is quite effective.
- While spraying zombies with this, jump around them while doing so to avoid being damaged.
- This can be surprisingly effective in Free For All if you can get the jump on other players.
- You can roast players within range extremely fast.
- The Firevest will stop players from taking afterburn, but it won't stop them from being roasted.
- In Vs. Environment, the pierce of the flames and good damage can help tame the hordes after your brain.
- You can actually thaw players with this!
- This is the fifth weapon to return from R2D 2014.
- The Flamethrower cannot shoot through walls, unlike R2D 2014.
- This weapon was speculated to be un-refillable at Ammo Stations much like its R2D 2014 counterpart.
- This is false, so feel free to refill it normally like most weapons.
- Out of all the ranged weapons in R2DA, this has the shortest range value with 20.
- This is nicknamed "Flamey" in-game.
- Prior to v1.0.2, you had to be Rank 16 to unlock this gun for purchase.
- The ability to ADS with the Flamethrower was removed in v1.0.1.
- This was available as a Gamepass for 1,350 R$.
- Like the Dragunov, the Flamethrower had some issues during development that delayed the release.
- When released, the Flamethrower would kill Elementals instead of healing them. This issue was later fixed.
- The design is extremely similar to the Flamethrower in Xenonauts — it simply has a different colour palette.