The Skorpion (specifically the Škorpion vz. 61) is a Czechoslovakian machine pistol that does a hefty amount of damage, but chews through ammo extremely quickly. It's very inaccurate, and has a huge amount of spread. Using the semi-auto mode at close range is probably your best bet. Although you can fully unload and usually get one or two zombie kills, conserving your ammo is key with this weapon.
What was it that survivors needed?
That was L-Brain Sidework's question to when they needed to make weapons. There were a few weapons existing already, notably the M16A1, but L-Brain Sidework wanted something even less costly for the new survivors. That was when, one worker found saw a complete lack of automatic weapons in the apocalypse. Realizing this, L-Brain Sidework decided to make a machine pistol out of the limited resources they had. The manufacturers decided to make the new automatic pistol extremely fast, but a bit wild when it came to spread.
Enter the Skorpion.
- It's best to get as many headshots on zombies with this, since it can lead to instakills.
- After the rework of this gun's accuracy, it's advised to use this in close quarter combat while full auto, as it has fairly low accuracy.
- Because of its absurd rate of fire, running out of ammo is unbearably common. Bringing vests that increase ammo, like the Bulldozer I or Tactical II, is recommended.
- Don't go all trigger happy rainbow funtime while using this. Conserve ammo and only fire when you are sure you can kill a zombie.
- Using the semi-auto firing mode can help this (press "V").
- Shoot the gun in small bursts or using semi-auto mode is recommended for conserving ammo.
- The accuracy is increased if toggled on semi-firing mode.
- Buy the attachments to further increase range and accuracy.
- The second machine pistol, first being the M93R.
- The second mesh-based gun to be ever added in R2DA, first being the Bazooka.
- The first permanent mesh gun to be added to R2DA.
- This was the first custom-made meshed gun in R2DA or the R2D series.
- It was meant to be CSG until custom meshes came, so the Skorpion became meshed.
- If CSG weapons were still being used, the Skorpion's model would have been created by Zevei.
- The Skorpion used to hold the place of having the lowest amount of damage with 20 then 23.
- The first weapon with 1500 RPM, the second being the Minigun.
- This gun has a theoretical DPS of 575, but its magazine of 15 bullets is too low to allow this.
- Previously, you had to own a M93R to buy a Skorpion.
- The Skorpion, in real life, actually has 20 rounds per magazine instead of the 15 seen in-game.