This is the second boat map to be added to R2DA.
The first, Porta Coeli II has since been removed. The map is relatively small, and is mainly based on close quarters combat.
The ferry itself housed abandoned cars, and the whole place was generally considered safe. The ride was quiet, and the journey was going to be quite long, so everyone buckled down.
Well, until someone sounded a car alarm. Turns out there's a lot of zombies just roaming the ocean floor - they don't need oxygen, you see.
To the survivors' dismay, they slowly began to realize that in the middle of the ocean, there's nowhere to run.
The first floor houses vehicles, some lifeboats, and is generally open. Two shorter staircases ascend to their own respective Ammo Station. Through the metal doors, you can access the power room.
Going up the slender, but longer staircases, you enter into a common room. There are four doors that you can use to leave onto a balcony. A ladder places you at the top of the map.
The top is a bit compact, but besides some crates, there shouldn't be anything blocking your path. On both ends, a wheelhouse can be found.
- With it being a rather small map, take caution whenever you decide to use explosives.
- A Molotov can be a great tool in cutting off routes and pathways away from zombies.
- Playing as a Fire Elemental is favoured over the Electric Elemental, as you can use your Rebirth move to blast people off the map.
- The Fire Extinguisher is recommended to counter this.
- Due to this map being a small one, the Brute (and the Charged variant) are banned.
- For a tactical advantage in Rapid Infection, try to reach the top of the map as fast as you can to get on top of the wheelhouses.
- From there, you can simply just kick off zombies from on top to bide your time.
- Be careful when shooting the Ticker. Since its a small map, you and your fellow survivors will get damage constantly making it harder to survive.
- This is the second boat map after Porta Coeli II.
- In contrast to the first, nothing in this map is dynamic. Everything is stationary, and the illusion of moving is done through tweaking with particle emitters.
- It can be concluded that this map takes place before or after 1930's Kingstreet due to the presence of the Truck.
- This is the second map to have zombie restrictions, with the first being Porta Coeli II.
- However, it is the only map available to see these restrictions in action.
- Overall, this is based on the real life Galveston Ferry service as seen here.
- Similar to Foxriver Prison, this map has a Max 11 Player restriction during Survival.
- This was the only map not to contain Survival Unlimited when it was first released.
- A constant engine noise can be heard in the background while playing this map from the ferry.
- During Debug, the Loading Screen misspelt "nariox" as "nairox".
- There are multiple Easter Eggs around the map. For example, you can find a box of "Bacon Flakes" behind one of the computers.