Rescue has been around since the old days of R2D 2009, in which you have to wait for a rescue vehicle to come (3 - 10 minutes R2DA terms), and then wait another minute or so for the rescue vehicle to drive, sail, or fly away. In R2DA, you have to wait for the Helicopter.
- Using crowd control weapons like the Minigun could be useful while defending the Helicopter.
- You can use a Pipebomb to lure zombies away from the Helicopter if it's too crowded near the Helicopter.
- If you don't have one on hand, you can also throw a Grenade down then duck into the Helicopter to get rid of a horde.
- It's recommended to stay close to the Helicopter landing spot.
- This makes for an easier escape, and you won't have to run across the map just to get in.
- Diggers can easily knock you away from a Helicopter, so pay attention if you see one charging towards you.