This weapon is great for picking off zombies at long ranges, but you have to be careful when using this at a mid or close range. Its slow fire rate and having only one bullet in a clip makes it very hard to deal with bunny hopping zombies, so it's best to generally avoid close quarters. Bringing a reliable secondary to deal with zombies at close range is recommended.
This is a sniper, so headshots are a one shot on most zombies, so try to aim for those.
This bolt-action rifle was popular with many hunters before the SANI Virus took over. To avoid attacking zombies from only close range, some sharpshooting survivors began to equip this rifle to snipe down zombies with a single shot. The Remington 700 is favoured for the incredible accuracy and damage of the .30-06 Caliber bullet, nothing but a decent range and a satisfying firing sound.
Due to how rarely this weapon was used against zombies, the zombies have seemed to lost their resistance to this weapon, making it much more effective against them. However, with the increasing popularity, survivors predict that zombies will likely build up a resistance again.
- Bringing a reliable secondary is a good idea. Virtually all secondaries couple well with the Remington, aside from the M202 which does not have enough ammo to act as a suitable backup weapon.
- Make sure you can hit or kill a zombie with your shots. Try to make shots count to conserve ammo.
- The Remington 700, Barrett 50 Cal, and the Dragunov are an Edgar's worst enemy, so keep that in mind.
- It is recommended to use first-person and ADS with this weapon.
- On Team Deathmatch and Party Deathmatch, it can perform admirably since players don't have any extra health.
- Mag-giving armors will only give you extra bullets, not magazines.
- Accuracy changed from 100 to 200 in v0.9.4.
- Price changed from 6,000$ to 4,500$ in v0.7.0.
- Price further decreased from 4,500$ to 1,500$ in v0.9.5.
- Range changed from 90 to 140 in v0.6.0.
- Range further increased from 140 to 200 in v0.6.5.
- Rank changed from 2 to 1 in v1.1.3.
- Reloading sound and animations added in v0.5.8.
- Changed from CSG to mesh in v0.7.9.
- Damage changed from 90 to 140 except in Team Deathmatch in v1.1.8.