Information is definitely out-dated, and you shouldn't really take it to heart.
Just in case, here is a link to some Rails.
The Railgun was the most powerful sniper rifle in R2DA.
It instantly killed any mob at the time with a clean headshot besides a Brute, was insanely accurate, and also had a huge range. Even then, three headshots were enough to kill a Brute. The only real disadvantage to the Railgun was the relatively slow firerate and the minuscule amount of ammo within a clip. This issue was easily remedied by a reliable secondary.
Due to abuse from the Moderator team, the Railgun was eventually replaced by the much less powerful FATAL5.
It is not very well known exactly how long this weapon has been under development by K177 scientists.
Rumours spread across the world rather slowly due to the average survivor's very little interest in the company, even if they had very advanced technology. Many said that it was a prototype even before the SANI outbreak begun, pointing out that it's possible it had been in development for years. Although the Railgun was extremely powerful, many feared that if this became a common weapon, zombies would become the least of society's problems. Thus, only eighteen elite survivors were given access to the prototype weapon.
Eventually, survivors noticed that the power of the weapon began to get to the head of many of the chosen, so it had to be forcefully taken by the scientists and later given back. A single modification changed how the weapon worked: the coolants were removed. As such, it took four times as long for the Railgun to be ready to dispatch a Concentrated Electromagnetic D.U. Sabot. When this proved as an inadequate lesson, it mysteriously disappeared overnight to never be seen again. Since then, the FATAL5 has been given out as an impromptu replacement.
The name of the prototype is "Basilisk XS1", but people call it the Railgun instead.
- Aiming is crucial when wielding the Railgun since it takes a long time to reload or even shoot again.
- With a nice headshot, you can instantly kill a Ticker.
- The Railgun's accuracy isn't perfect, so prevent doing too long range shots since you're likely to miss it.
- A laser shot can pierce through zombies, so if you ever find zombies conveniently lining up, take the shot!
- This was the first sniper in R2DA, albeit not a commonly available one.
- With the XS1 Scope equipped, this was also one of the few guns to support Custom Sightmarks.
- This was also the first gun to be able to pierce through zombies.
- Until the Barrett 50 Cal. was released, this characteristic was purely unique.
- Even then, the Railgun maintains the unique trait of being able to penetrate through certain walls.
- This was also the first gun to fire lasers instead of bullets.
- When the FATAL5 was released to replace the Railgun, this cosmetic trait was carried over to it.
- This was understandably the rarest weapon in R2DA due to the status you had to have to be able to use it.
- The thirteen people who could legally use the Railgun were:
- Due to abuse, the Railgun was heavily nerfed. If you think the values you see now are high, think twice.
- Even then, the abuse continued and the weapon was eventually replaced by the FATAL5.
- The Barrett 50 Cal. easily trumps the range and accuracy of the Railgun, but not the damage.
- "D.U." stands for "Depleted Uranium".
- In real life, a Railgun could backfire and cause an explosion that could kill the operator.