This is great for clearing out a horde of zombies, luring out a Brute, or making your escape. It causes zombies to become completely disabled and chase after it for a short duration until it blows up and deals 200 damage in a large radius.
Remember that sometimes money isn't everything! You should use it if you are scared of being pounced by a Leaper, no-one is around to see you panic over one zombie anyways.
The Pipebomb is an Improvised Explosive Device (I.E.D) created by the survivors designed to lure zombies to it before blowing up, making it much more effective against hordes. The pipes are filled with anything that can create a decent explosion, ranging from gases, fuel to actual explosives like gunpowder. A small LED light and a speaker is connected to the fuse and detonation system, allowing it to both distract enemies and provide a visible sign of when it will explode. It's currently unknown why zombies are so attracted to it, but most assume it's due to their attraction to sound and lights.
- Regardless of the zombie mob, the Pipebomb will lure them in.
- This can be a useful distraction tool against a horde, as it will force every zombie to go in the direction the Pipebomb was thrown, which can make rescue easier for you and your teammates.
- However, Edgars can still use their tongue, and if they somehow capture you (and you were the survivor that threw it), you are probably doomed.
- You can tell how close a Pipebomb is from exploding through how frequent the "beeps" emanating from it are beeping.
- The blast radius for the Pipebomb can be larger than expected, so be sure to stay a healthy distance away.
- The explosion can do up to 200 HP of damage depending on how close you are.
- If Killstreaks matter to you, and if no-one kills any of the trapped zombies, you can get a very large one.
- Elementals can barely survive a point-blank explosion as they have 220 HP.
- You can consider the Clockbomb as a variant of this.
- However, even if the Clockbomb does do double the damage, it has half the range of a Pipebomb.
- Be careful; zombies can relocate themselves to escape death, most commonly seen with Brutes, so it's best to kill them as soon as possible.
- Similarly, zombies can reset to ensure you do not get the kill.
- Zombies who respawn after the Pipebomb is thrown will not be lured in, so be careful.
- It's recommended to run away as quickly as possible because once the Pipebomb explodes, chunks of zombies will spawn in.
- That so, stay away from the spawnpoints of the zombies to avoid this.
- Unequipping this while preparing to throw it will allow you to put it back in your inventory.
- When throwing the Pipebomb, use a Medkit if you have one and must heal.
- This is a returning item from R2D, except in R2D, the Pipebomb used the Flash model.