This is great for clearing out a horde of zombies, luring out a Brute, or making your escape. It causes zombies to become completely disabled and chase after it for a short duration, until it blows up and deals 200 damage in a large radius.
Remember that sometimes money isn't everything! You should use it if you are scared of being pounced by a Leaper, no-one is around to see you panic over one zombie anyways.
The Pipebomb is an Improvised Explosive Device (I.E.D) created by the survivors designed to lure zombies to it before blowing up, making it much more effective against hordes. The pipes are filled with anything that can create a decent explosion, ranging from gases, fuel to actual explosives like gunpowder. A small LED light and a speaker is connected to the fuse and detonation system, allowing it to both distract enemies and provide a visible sign of when it will explode. It's currently unknown why zombies are so attracted to it, but most assume it's due to their attraction to sound and lights.
- Regardless of the zombie mob, the Pipebomb will lure them in.
- This can be a useful distraction tool against a horde, as it will force every zombie to go in the direction the Pipebomb was thrown, which can make rescue easier for you and you teammates.
- However, Edgars can still use their tongue, and if they somehow capture you (and you were the survivor that threw it), you are probably doomed.
- You can tell how close a Pipebomb is from exploding through how frequent the "beeps" emanating from it are beeping.
- Brutes can use the beeping to their advantage to deflect the explosion at the optimal time through using their forcefield.
- The blast radius for the Pipebomb can be larger than expected, so be sure to stay a healthy distance away.
- The explosion can do up to 200 HP of damage depending on how close you are.
- If Killstreaks matter to you, if no-one kills any of the trapped zombies, you can get a very large one.
- Elementals can barely survive a point-blank explosion as they have 220 HP.
- You can consider Clockbomb as a variant of this.
- However, even if the Clockbomb does do double the damage, it has half the range of a Pipebomb.
- There is a random chance you can get this by wearing a Boopack.
- You can get this item (randomly) in Arena once a wave finishes.
- Could originally be found in Supply Boxes until PlaceRebuilder removed this possibility.
- Before v0.6.8, Leapers couldn't get attracted to Pipebombs.
- On January 4th, PlaceRebuilder's Birthday, you could've gotten 10 of these from a Twitter code.