Pills have saved the lives of many injured survivors. Using them causes your health to be fully restored (after a short delay). So the perfect time to use them is if you don't have time to use a health pack, or if you don't have one. Rounds, where you don't buy these from the In-Game Store, are extremely uncommon.
Developed and produced by a small lab, they were intended to be cheap, effective and able to last long, and were also originally designed to help those in less developed countries to have access to some form of medication. It is well known due to a company's usage of non-labelled bottles. Their overall versatility made them common in pharmacies and hospitals around the world. And so, after a few scavenging missions by the military, they are now extremely common. Their effect is probably due to the fact that all survivors chug the whole thing. Without water. Sort of frightening, actually.
- Buy some Pills from the In-Game Store if your health is getting low, so you can keep on fighting.
- You can give another survivor pills by right-clicking on them while holding it.
- Use this on people you defib, its faster than them buying pills themselves.
- Keep a safe distance from zombies when taking some Pills, as the animation takes a second to work.
- Right after you take Pills, take some damage from a zombie or radioactive waste to stop your temporary health from decreasing.
- Can be very useful on bosses.
- There is a random chance you can acquire this if you are wearing a Boopack.
- The Pills themselves, their animation and their function seems to be based off the Pills item in Left 4 Dead; R2D's main inspiration.
- Oddly, the player dumps all the Pills into their mouth when using it, which would cause a deadly overdose if done in real life.
- When Pills are used while dying, you would get 10K HP, which is bannable if revived.
- During Pre-Demo, the texture for the Pills wasn't even implemented, so it was just a grey mesh.