No Mercy is a large major hospital.
Not only is it large, it's also quite dark since the power is out. You can't see your own hands in this darkness, let alone those helpful name-tags that let you know when a zombie is approaching you.
In an apocalypse, it may seem reasonable to find a hospital to scavenge for medical supplies. While the supplies are tempting and important, you probably forget that hospitals are where very ill people go to.
People like those who came down with some SANI at the beginning.
The survivors spawn on the roof of this building, with a Helicopter pad and several bridges, one of which has been destroyed. It is unknown how many floors the building has, as fog covers the deadly height below.
One floor down is a reception area. A hole down to the next can be found behind the cash register in the Gift Shop. Another is found near the receptionist desk, down a small alcove.
No Mercy also contains several rooms down another floor, made for patients that each have their own bathrooms, and a generator room that is most likely what is keeping the remains of the power still running.
There is also an inactive elevator shaft that, while the elevators no longer function, the ladder inside the shaft certainly does. As an alternative to the elevator shaft, there are stairs. Many zombies spawns are located there though, so exercise caution. Just three floors down, you can find a barricade, effectively closing off the rest of No Mercy.
On one side on the lowest floor, a balcony can be accessed by breaking the windows, revealing a ladder to the roof on the outside.
- It's possible to get on top of the radio tower nearby the survivor spawn through some climbing.
- If you bring the Remington 700, equipping the LP Hawkview is your best bet to survival.
- Consider the blast radius of any explosives you happen to throw around.
- All zombie name-tags are turned off.
- Try to stay away from the edges when a Brute or a Digger is out and about outside in order to save your character from falling into the abyss.
- When barricading inside the hospital, beware of a Brute or a Ticker willing to ruin your day.
- This map has big windows and therefore a plentiful amount of shards.
- If an Edgar manages to capture while you crossing the bridges outside, there's a high chance that you will get dragged off the bridge and into the abyss.
- Unlike many R2DA maps, this is the first map to be dim and dark.
- No Mercy is officially referred to as "No Mercy hospital" in-game.
- The rain this map possesses could not be turned off until v0.9.0a.
- Since it causes lag, the visual rain automatically turns off if your Graphic Settings are below 3 to keep you running smoothly.
- As of v0.9.3, explosions don't go through floors.
- This is to counter a Brute that can easily wipe out a team by just throwing their club at the roof near where survivors are standing.
- No Mercy is a remake of No Mercy from R2D 2014, albeit it as a whole was highly inspired by the No Mercy campaign from Left 4 Dead.
- This map contains many Easter Eggs:
- "No one is below normal" and Hacker Modcall poster was made by BelowNatural.
- There are plushes of PlaceRebuilder and FullPrism (Fighterofffriend1007) in the gift shop.
- There's a poster of SWAGER21 with an attached tagline of "R2DA MOD".
- Various posters on the bottom floor include various famous quotes.