A Molotov is a great way to deter zombies or weaken them. It deals a hefty amount of damage over time, and it's great at denying a Brute's cover. The fire can apparently also go through walls. Just be careful that you don't set yourself on fire (unless you're using the Firevest), and remember that Fire Elementals aren't affected.
Although gasoline wasn't in high supply, there wasn't much use for it other than powering generators and cars, and those weren't too common. So because survivors needed to do something with gasoline, they decided to make some good ol' fashioned Molotov cocktails. Simple, easy to use, and very effective at turning those pesky zombies into piles of ashes.
- Rapid spread of the fire tends to damage heavily or outright kill the user.
- It is best used to weaken zombie hordes.
- This is able to heal Elementals, so be careful when throwing it or nearby Elementals will become hard to kill.
- Using this with a Pipebomb can help you get more money just in case a zombie tries to reset.
- Use this to restrict the movement of, or weaken zombies at strategic points in maps, such as doorways.
- Using this in Vs. Environment is devastating, as the flames kill AI zombies insanely quickly.
- For a brief amount of time during v0.7.9 you were able to team kill with the Molotov until Place patched this issue.
- Before v0.7.9, this costed 25$ and was a weak item but in v0.7.9 it was buffed, had its price raised, and became available in the In-Game Store.
- This item technically hurts the owner (without protection), than any zombies caught in the fire as overall, survivors have less HP.
- Pre-Demo and Demo, the Molotov had a smaller flame and did less damage.
- At those stages, the Molotov only did 25 damage compared to the 50 you see today.