A bag which contains various tools, equipment, and medication to tend to the injured. The bag itself is designed for easy carry and is marked with a red cross, the universal sign of protection.
After the outbreak occurred, the remaining governments couldn't provide health care to everyone, so they simply mass produced simple first aid kits for quick use. Nobody knows why it's necessary to toss it away no matter how little of it you used, however. They just go along with it.
- Use this at a safe location when you have a small amount of health left.
- If you can't find a safe spot, be sure a friend protects you from zombies while you're healing.
- You cannot carry this item if you have a Defibrillator in your inventory and vice versa.
- To heal someone else, stand next to them and hold LMB (Left Mouse Button).
- You are only able to heal them if the person has nothing currently equipped in their hands.
- You can also drop the Medkit for somebody to pick it up, by pressing Backspace.
- Usually, Medkits are green with a white cross. The ones used in R2D are usually found in urban areas to make them more visible.
- In Arena, you can glitch the system and equip both a Defibrillator and a Medkit.
- This only happens if you had a Defibrillator to begin with, and got a Medkit as a winning prize for completing a wave.
- This might be fixed in a later update.
- There is a bug where you can get normal walkspeed while crouching by either equipping the Medkit and unequipping it or healing yourself with it while crouching.
- This is the first item to be in two separate codes.
- At v0.9.7, the design was changed to be a bit smaller with a darker shade of red.