Free Brawl, also known as Mixed Martial Arts, is a PVP round that strips away weapons and forces a player to use their limbs to beat everyone else up. If 2 or more players are still alive when the timer runs out, everyone is forcibly killed and no winner will be chosen.
As of v0.9.3, there is now an entire Universe that's dedicated to PVP modes only. Any players who look forward to fighting others can now join an entire server that is dedicated to such modes like Free Brawl.
- The In-Game Store isn't entirely useless during a Free Brawl round. You can buy some Pills to keep fighting.
- However, that's the only item that works. Other items offered, like the Grenade, are virtually useless.
- However, on maps like No Mercy, you can use a grenade in order to break the glass and a few barricades in order to gain access to more of the map.
- Blocking is perhaps the key to winning one of these rounds.
- While doing so, you're entirely invincible while your opponent wastes their energy hitting you.
- This, in turn, leaves them open for an easy counter-attack.
- If you block for too long, this opportunity is wasted and you leave yourself open in the process.
- Conserve your stamina. If it dips below the red line, any hit will knock you down.
- You can still defend yourself while knocked down, but this is entirely counterintuitive.
- Keeping your stamina below the red line will make you vulnerable to being knocked down again. Wait it out.
- Try not to stand on the edge of buildings.
- If you're stunned while in this position, you can fall down to take even more damage.
- Teaming with other players is a viable option, but you may be looked down upon for this.
- This is another returning Gamemode from R2D 2014, albeit with minor differences.
- In R2D 2014, you started the round with 200 HP. However, there was no defence against spawn killing.
- If you get the last hit on someone before the timer runs out, you'll get 50$ for the supposed kill.
- It used to be common for players to lag during these rounds.
- On their screen, the game worked fine, but on your screen, you would be beaten up by nothing.
- You used to be able to bring Armor into a round. This ability was removed in v0.4.9 for a good reason.
- PlaceRebuilder once considered removing Free Brawl through a Twitter Poll.