A small, enclosed map. While the building can be fun to hole up in, you still have the surrounding frozen body of water to explore.
Just please don't block the ladders.
Foxriver Prison serves as a solitary one. It's not Alcatraz by any means, housing individuals deemed not dangerous, but just unstable enough to not be safe to be released back into society.
Guards who worked here lived here. Their only entertainment was from the other prisoners, and besides the occasional quibble, it got boring.
When communication outside the island ceased, the guards felt uneasy. Their suspicions were only confirmed went their monthly drop of supplies didn't arrive. The zombies on the horizon didn't help either.
In a hurry, and without the prisoners, the guards left the island on the only boat they had. By the time the prisoners got out of their cells, it was too late. The guards were gone and it had began to get quite chilly, with the only sounds being the slight pitter-patter of gentle snowfall, and the growling and screams in the distance.
Unsurprisingly, Foxriver Prison has only one location of interest: the prison. While the outside is relatively open, the tight corridors can easily overwhelm you unless you know what you are doing.
Inside the prison, there are some cells on the first floor, a cafeteria on the second, and roof access. Outside, there is a basketball court. There is also a small guard tower attached to a building that's not connected to the main building. The only barriers between the main building and the outside are perimeter walls, which can be jumped over, the small guard building and a prison gate which can be destroyed.
Surrounding the whole place is a frozen lake.
- Don't block the ladders using a Hammer. It's not helpful.
- As of v1.0.0a, Diggers can now use their Dig ability on this map.
- Because of how small the map is, you can easily farm money and EXP from killing zombies since they spawn in tight areas.
- Rotation around the map is key if you want to maximise your profits.
- The RPG is a great weapon for this map. This is an easy way to get high Killstreaks by firing from the roof or outside of the prison.
- Be aware that two of the doors in the cell portion of the prison do not actually open.
- It isn't recommended to camp in the cells due to the fact you could be smashed by a Brute.
- During Free Brawl and Melee Smash, a common tactic is to stay on the frozen lake for situational awareness. You may also camp within the boundaries of the prison, although it is more common for skirmishes to occur here.
- When initially released, Foxriver Prison was originally called "Fox River State Penitentiary".
- In v0.9.2, this map got recoloured to the colours you see today.
- For Christmas Event 2016, this map got a makeover!
- Terrain water used to embrace this entire map.
- The removed Barbed Wire Fence can be seen on top of the gates to Foxriver Prison.
- To prevent Hammer users blocking the only path to the main prison roof, in v1.0.1 another ladder was installed.