This weapon fires a short stream of fire out in front of you. The fire covers a large area, and any zombie that walks into it is instantly set on fire. Aiming isn't needed for this weapon, and unlike the past rendition, you can refill it to your heart's desire.
Flamethrowers are unique weapons. No other has the ability to spew fire at your enemies. Watch and laugh as your adversaries turn to ash before your eyes. For many reasons, it is a very dangerous and powerful weapon.
Unfortunately, in an apocalypse, it has actually lost a bit of its potency. Everyone knows that once you are lit on fire, you panic. You're virtually incapacitated as soon as it touches you. Sadly, this is not the case with those ambling fools that populate the streets. A pity. At least you can still get some fun out of watching their grotesque faces melt into ashes and smell the scent of rotting flesh slowly permeate the air arou— oh. Sorry. Forget about the details.
Using the abundance of propane and natural gas left around (you don't really need much of it anymore. No one's found a barbeque in a while), R-Brain Hardwork created this magnificent specimen, truly unlike any other weapon.
- This weapon excels at cleaning up hordes of zombies, though it is the most effective against regular zombies.
- Avoid using this weapon against Elementals, because it will not do damage and will instead heal them.
- Tickers can't normally be damaged by this weapon.
- However, they can be damaged by it if they are first knocked down by the Fire Extinguisher.
- It is recommended to stick with teammates when using this weapon so that you'll stand a chance if a Ticker or Elemental tries to ruin your day.
- If you don't have friends near you, a Fire Extinguisher is a suitable substitute.
- Brutes are surprisingly susceptible to damage from this weapon, but it is best to either catch the Brute off-guard or at low HP due to this weapon's small range.
- Knocking them down prior to burning them is quite effective.
- While spraying zombies with this, jump around them while doing so to avoid being damaged.
- Firing too close to a zombie will not affect the zombie at all.
- Equipping a secondary handgun is recommended with this weapon so that you can defend yourself against targets less susceptible to fire damage.
- This can be surprisingly effective in Free For All if you can get the jump on other players.
- You can roast players within range extremely fast, and a Firevest is useless against your flames.
- You can actually thaw players with this!
- This is the sixth returning weapon from R2D 2014.
- The Flamethrower cannot shoot through walls, unlike R2D 2014.
- Before release, this weapon was speculated to be unable to be refilled at Ammo Stations, much like its R2D 2014 counterpart.
- Out of all the ranged weapons in R2DA, this has the shortest range value with 20.
- This is nicknamed "Flamey" in-game.
- Prior to v1.0.2, you had to be Rank 16 to unlock this gun for purchase.
- The ability to ADS with the Flamethrower was removed in v1.0.1.
- This was available as a Gamepass for 1,350 R$.
- Like the Dragunov, the Flamethrower had some issues during development that delayed the release.
- When released, the Flamethrower would kill Elementals instead of healing them. This issue was later fixed.
- The design is extremely similar to the Flamethrower in Xenonauts — it simply has a different colour palette.