This weapon fires a short stream of fire out in front of you. The fire covers a large area, and any zombie that walks into it is instantly set on fire. Aiming isn't needed for this weapon, and unlike the past rendition, you can refill it to your heart's desire. Just be careful near those Elementals and Tickers - Elementals heal, and Tickers are immune to your damage.
Flamethrowers are unique weapons. No other has the ability to spew fire at your enemies and watch as they turn to ash before your eyes. For this reason, it is a very dangerous and powerful weapon. In the apocalypse, however, it has actually lost a bit of potency, you see. Everyone knows that when you are lit on fire, you panic. You're virtually instantly incapacitated as soon as it touches you. Sadly, this is not the case with those stupid, braindead infected. A pity. At least you can still get some fun out of watching their grotesque faces melt into a nice, uniform pile of ash, and smell the scent of rotting flesh slowly permeate the air arou- oh. Sorry. Forget about the details.
Using the abundance of propane and natural gas left around (you don't really need much of it anymore. No one's found a barbecue in a while), R-Brain Hardwork created this magnificent specimen, truly unlike any other weapon.
- This weapon excels at cleaning up hordes of zombies, though it is mostly effective against normal zombies.
- Avoid using this weapon against Elementals, because it will not do damage and will instead heal them.
- Tickers can't normally be damaged by this weapon.
- However, they can be damaged by it if they are first knocked down by the Fire Extinguisher.
- It is recommended to stick with teammates when using this weapon so that you'll stand a chance if a Ticker or Elemental tries to ruin your day.
- Brutes are surprisingly susceptible to damage from this weapon, but it is best to either catch the Brute off-guard or at low HP due to this weapon's small range.
- Knocking down Brutes and then burning them is effective.
- Equipping a secondary handgun is recommended with this weapon so that you can defend yourself against targets less susceptible to fire damage.
- Surprisingly effective in FFA if you can get the jump on other players.
- You can roast players within range surprisingly fast, even players with a Firevest are still susceptible!
- You can actually thaw players with this!
- While spraying zombies with this, jump around them while doing so to avoid being damaged.
- Firing too close to a zombie will not affect the zombie at all.
- This is the sixth returning weapon from R2D.
- Before release, this weapon was speculated to be unable to be refilled at ammo tables, much like its R2D 2014 counterpart.
- The Flamethrower cannot shoot through walls, unlike R2D.
- This was available as a Gamepass for 1,350 R$.
- Like the Dragunov, the Flamethrower took a long time to be released.
- When released, the Flamethower would kill Elementals instead of healing them.
- This was fixed in a later update.
- Named 'Flamey' in-game.
- Out of all the ranged weapons in R2DA, this has the shortest range value with 20.