The Firevest is an armor which allows players to take no fire damage from Fire Elementals and any type of fire. Fire protection is a pretty big thing, so only a small amount of bonus health is given.
At least it's cheap.
Fire Elementals were some of the survivors' most brutal and deadly enemies. At least, before an unknown manufacturer decided to use an unknown material to create a completely fireproof vest. Although the vest's material only provides a small amount of extra protection against zombie scratches and bites, survivors appreciate its ability a lot.
However, soon after the creation of this vest, the Elemental learned to change into a more shocking form. This sudden change led to a big threat for survivors, as the Firevest provides absolutely no protection against electricity.
- Although you are immune to being burnt by Fire Elementals, it's still not recommended to fight them.
- You aren't completely invulnerable to them, as they can still hurt (and stun) you with their Rebirth.
- Heavily damaging them without killing them will allow them to switch to an Electric Elemental.
- You aren't immune to them at all, so all-in-all, just keep your distance.
- In v1.0.0, the Molotov was changed to damage the player who threw it regardless of their vest.
- If you're throwing one down, keep your distance from the circle of fire.
- One thrown in Free For All will still damage you, Firevest or not.
- Environmental fires do not damage you. This allows some perks such as:
- Pairing a Jerry Can with this can end in some interesting results.
- This is the first returning vest from R2D 2014.
- There was a typo in the store that stated that the Firevest granted 30 HP instead of the 15 HP it actually gives.
- The Firevest has the same model as the Lifevest.
- Whenever a player zombifies, a bug will occur where this vest will turn green.
- As both vests use the same model, this bug applies to both iterations.