- Those radioactive puddles screwing up your day?
- Find yourself in the air too many times?
- Mauled and torn one too many times?
- Are you on fire or shocked too often?
These questions all have a simple solution: Fire Extinguisher.
It's also quite useful for pushing zombies away from you. Don't use it excessively, however, as it doesn't have that much foam to expel. Little puffs are probably your best bet.
These were the fireman's trusty weapon of choice when dealing with the flames of nature back before the zombie apocalypse came crashing down upon society.
After the virus swept across nations, people didn't have the time to extinguish a little loose matchstick fire. Luckily in place of these small inconveniences, Fire Elementals soon took their place as the deadliest thing in the apocalypse... before it was extinguished by everyone wielding this household commodity.
People were starting to get worried when Electric Elementals started hitting the streets. Turns out they seem to short out like batteries whenever they're hit with the foam. Similarly, some chemicals used in the foam formula seem to neutralise the Ticker's toxic waste, allowing survivors to remove radioactive waste with ease. Who knew?
- The foam works through walls!
- This can remove radioactive puddles from an exploded Ticker tank; a single puff can take care of it.
- Spraying a Ticker itself will negate the radiation, allowing you to be near it without taking gradual damage.
- On top of that, this also leaves it open to damage from a Flamethrower. Their resistance to it is removed.
- The foam can push back and trips all mobs except for the Brute and both Elementals.
- This does do fatal damage to both Elementals though, so take that aspect of the tip with a grain of salt.
- Overall, this is a very reliable way to trip a Digger without getting tripped yourself.
- If someone else is on fire, you can put them out with this. You can't extinguish yourself though.
- This is key in protecting the President.
- There is a limited amount of foam to spray, so conserve the foam. It depletes faster than one would expect.
- Both the knockback and trip can be useful if you're running away from a horde and you have nothing left.
- If you are not wearing a Firevest, use this instead to protect yourself from Fire Elementals.
- Bring this into maps where Electric Elementals are sure to appear due to the amount of glass, like No Mercy and Blackfield Station.
- It can stop a Leaper from leaping, even when they are in mid-air.
- This is nicknamed "Fire Ext." in-game.
- This is the second weapon to be an item.
- However, it really only damages both types of Elementals.
- Prior to v0.9.9, this item would not drop on a player's death.