Fame is an acquired stat/currency in R2DA that has many different functions. For one, it tells the game that you can be trusted to do certain task objectives in Campaign or Evacuation without trolling, messing up on purpose, not knowing what to do, and other related actions.
You can earn Fame by doing basic task objectives like taking part in fully-raising a flag, saving an NPC*, or returning an item back to its rightful place to win the round. However, you can also lose that Fame by doing various things.
The amount of Fame you have is seen when you hover your mouse over your rank bar or open up the scoreboard in-game using Tab.
* The gamemode that allowed you to do this has now been removed from the game.
- You can gain Fame by:
- Successfully raising a flag on Capture the Base.
- Successfully driving the boat to safety in Panama Beach (saving yourself and other players).
- Successfully returning the tire(s) in 1930's Kingstreet or Blackfield Station.
- Completing Obstacle 1 or 4 during Chronos Chamber while having the Key.
- Pressing the Button on Detour 1 in Halloween Quest.
- Pressing the Button on Detour 1 and Detour 2 in Yeti's Quest.
- Finding and placing the Antenna in Blackfield Station.
- Placing a Ration into the Truck in Farmhouse.
- Placing a Pipe next to the pump in M.S Antares.
- Completing Obstacle 4 or 6 during King Cherrycake's Quest while having the Key.
- Touching the star in Obstacle 1 in King Cherrycake's Quest.
- Be the last one that pushes the Gas Tank to its final destination in Campfire Chaos.
- Calling the Radio in Campfire Chaos.
- You can lose Fame by:
- Buying the Phial of Galadriel from PlaceRebuilder.
- Attempting to drive the boat on Panama Beach.
- Dropping the tires in the water in 1930's Kingstreet.
- This will also automatically kill you, whether you dropped it on purpose or not.
- Loaning a Key during Chronos Chamber or King Cherrycake's Quest.
- Initiating a Vote Kick on another player.
- Activating the button on the Outcast Island in R2DA Wipeout.
- There are 3 sounds within PlaceRebuilder's inventory associated with Fame:
- Driving the Victory Truck used to cost fame, but no longer uses Fame to drive because it's AI-controlled.
- Intentionally killing Sam in Evacuation was another way one could lose Fame.
- The Star icon used for Fame is reused from Pillow Fight Simulator 2017.
- There, it is used as currency to purchase hats to wear.