The FAMAS is a French bullpup assault rifle that was an infamous weapon from R2D 2014 that was known for how completely overpowering it was over a server.
To recover from its infamy, the FAMAS returns with a sharp new look and not-so-overpowering statistics that would indeed please the survivors from the old outbreak.
As such, knowledge of this project was restricted to the higher-ups. Any other employee who caught wind was quickly thrust into the project. Keeping this project secret was critical.
However, simply making the weapon wasn't enough. With select veterans, many private interviews were held on what really made the FAMAS so formerly powerful. Taking their knowledge, R-Brain Hardwork tweaked and adjusted every single thing to make the FAMAS fair for everyone.
After all, it has big shoes to fill.
- With the high fire rate, you have to try to conserve ammo so you don't run out at a critical time.
- Consider the FAMAS also deals low damage, it's best to deal headshots to maximise efficiency.
- Equipping vests that supply extra magazines may be your saving grace if a horde is after you.
- If you are trying to kill zombies in the distance, tap fire so you don't miss a shot.
- Like all other weapons, crouching gives the FAMAS an accuracy boost.
- Use this to your advantage!
- This is yet another returning weapon from R2D 2014.
- This is the third assault rifle and the first bullpup weapon to be added.
- As of v1.0.0a, the FAMAS now does 23 damage instead of the 22 it had before.
- The Spas-12 now holds the record for lowest damage alone.
- It does shoot 8 pellets at the same time, so take this with a grain of salt.
- The infamy comes from R2D 2014 where the FAMAS iteration in that game had a whopping 45 damage per bullet and an ammo pool of 30/3.
- The fire rate for the weapon was set at 1000 RPM, which would absolutely destroy everything in its way.
- The total damage that could be dealt is 5400 with an estimated DPS of 720.
- This could completely kill a Tank back then if you didn't miss a single shot within a single magazine, showcasing the extreme power this held back then.
- FAMAS stands for "Fusil d'Assaut de la Manufacture d'Armes de Saint-Étienne".
- In English, this translates into "Assault Rifle from the Saint-Étienne Weapon Factory", a quite literal name.
- The model in-game seems to be based off the F1 variant, however, the barrel is noticeably shorter than its normal length.
- A FAMAS in real life has a 25 or 30 bullet capacity, the F1 and the G2 variants respectively, compared to the 42 you see in-game.