Before the Firevest was added, this mob was able to take out most survivors before they had time to react. Nowadays, these have been reduced to a strategist role in the game. Who can you burn? Who is in a good spot to explode right off the map?
It is still worth remembering that Rebirth can affect everyone.
The Elemental is a being surrounded in mystery.
It is not known how exactly one works. Some theories are that these are just infected people who have simply been changed and adapted by the SANI Virus. This is then disproven by a simple puff from a Fire Extinguisher. If the former was to be right, then some sort of remains would be found on the corpse of one — none can be found.
This has then led to some interesting theories, such as an Elemental is actually not a product of the SANI Virus at all. In turn, this has led to many new questions. One of the most prevalent of these is a simple one.
What do these things have to gain from helping the SANI Virus?
Ignite (Passive): On touch, a survivor is set on fire. They are dealt 50 damage total in small 5 damage bursts.
Consumes 25 energy.
Rebirth: Creates an explosion, dealing 40 damage and stunning survivors nearby. Fully heals the user.
Consumes 100 energy.
Transform: This move is similar to Rebirth, as it deals 40 damage and stuns nearby survivors. However, it transforms the Fire Elemental into the Electric Elemental. You must have less than 100 health to transform. If near a Brute, it will make them Charged.
Consumes 100 energy.
- Elementals give off a dim but fairly visible light.
- Quick and experienced survivors could use this to dodge an explosion attempt.
- Due to the flames, it is generally not recommended to melee this mob unless properly equipped.
- Pipebombs are useful against this zombie. Just shave off any HP remaining after the explosion.
- If a Ticker has also been attracted, don't bother, as your job has already been done for you.
- Flamethrowers will heal this mob, so if you are using one, pay attention for an Elemental.
- Quickly kill off any Elemental you see, as if they have under 100 health, they can transform into the Electric Variant.
- If you cannot for whatever reason, it is vital you heal the Elemental with a Flamethrower.
- Watch for any Elementals standing near an edge. A well-timed Rebirth can easily knock you off the structure.
- Only an Elemental's Transform (for both variants) can charge a Brute, so be aware.
- It's very tricky to transform into the Electric Variant as you need to have less than 100 health.
- Use glass shards to your advantage!
- You can get a Brute to help break glass to damage yourself.
- As Transform gives an explosion similar to Rebirth, you can not only transform, but also issue a quick stun leaving survivors open to attack.
- Touch a survivor to light them on fire.
- Use your speed to kill weak survivors.
- Use your Rebirth ability wisely, as you are completely immobile and vulnerable to survivors not caught in the blast.
- When you stun survivors after pressing F, run over them to set them on fire. If they are wearing a Firevest, leave them for other zombies to finish them off.
- If you have been damaged by survivors, try to hide and wait for your stamina until you are able to use Rebirth.
- Note that your stamina regenerates slowly.
- Fire, whether naturally occurring or player-made, heals you.
- Molotovs thrown by survivors heal Elementals for the duration of their burn.
- Natural fires such as the crashed Porta Coeli II on Bouri Rig 71, or the fire from the boat in Panama Beach can heal you.
- Keep in mind that you aren't completely invincible, as players can damage you faster than what the fire can heal you.
- If a survivor has a Flamethrower, invite yourself into the flames to be healed.
- If you are planning to change into an Electrical Elemental, try to stay away from all of the above.
- Combine your attacks with Leapers and Edgars, as you can deal more damage while survivors are pinned.
- You cannot burn players effectively in water. They will be extinguished quickly.
- Don't go near players with a Fire Extinguisher, as they will kill you relatively quickly.
- When attracted to a Pipebomb, Make sure to have over 200HP to survive the Pipebomb.
- If there is Ticker in the crowd, you are unlikely to survive the explosion as the Ticker's tanks will kill off the remaining HP you may have after the explosion.
- If you find a survivor with a Firevest, be aware, you cannot damage them with most of your attacks.
- You aren't completely useless to them, as your Rebirth attack can still stun them, leaving them easy prey for a swarm, and easier targets for Brutes.
- This is the first zombie to use the R15 rig.
- The Elemental is another returning Mob from R2D.
- The 1st returning mob that ever came to R2DA.
- The Elemental was added in v0.7.9.
- The first zombie that has more than 100 energy.
- Ignores the invincibility supplied by survivor melee attacks.
- Elemental buying was nerfed in v0.8.5.
- The price rose from 215$ to 300$.
- The cooldown also rose from 90s to 120s.
- The fire on top of the tower in Bouri Rig 71 does not heal the Elemental.
- However, it makes a good camouflage for Elementals in Arena.
- Explosions don't heal Elementals, though Elementals can explode themselves.
- Jumping while as an Elemental consumes less stamina compared to other zombies.
- When the Flamethrower was initially released, the latter could kill Elementals, but then the afterburn would heal them.
- This was fixed in v0.9.1.
- During v0.9.5, the Elemental got a new face.
- During Debug, you could only transform into the Electric Elemental, but you couldn't change back.
- There is currently a glitch, as of v1.0.2, where if you kill an Elemental (any type) you will not gain any money whatsoever.