This weapon is considered by many to be the first weapon you should buy. It may seem weak as a Primary, but its ability to instantly kill any mob except for a Brute makes this a reliable and cost-effective gun.
L-Brain Sidework opted to create a staple in apocalypse survival. Their previous projects were used as lessons, and something as simple as a Double-Barreled Shotgun should be an easy weapon to master production on. Not only was it an easy weapon to mass-produce, it was also an easy entry-level gun for survivors to handle.
For a small fee, new survivors can get taught by L-Brain Sidework themselves on how to use this weapon effectively to get ahead of the game. Those who pass the class are allowed approval to directly use this weapon on the field without needing to purchase it beforehand.
- As it is a shotgun, this is especially effective at close range.
- Using Double Fire really requires you to get up close and personal with mobs.
- If the close distance makes you uncomfortable, then this Attachment isn't for you.
- If you plan on using this to take down a Brute, try to sneak up on it to deal as much damage as possible while still remaining alive.
- You can unlock this weapon early through the Starter Pack and skip the Rank 2 requirement.
- This was the first shotgun and the third primary weapon to be added to R2DA.
- You can imagine this as the reincarnation of the Shotgun from R2D 2014.
- This was the first weapon, out of six weapons, to be converted from CSG into a mesh.
- Between v0.7.0 and v0.7.1, there were two DB Shotguns on sale, the Test1 version and the CSG version.
- With 14 unique Skins, the DB Shotgun has the most available skins out of all the weapons in R2DA, tied with the Steyr M and Rambo Knife.