This weapon is considered by many to be the first weapon you should buy. It may seem weak as a Primary, but its ability to instantly kill any mob except for a Brute makes this a reliable and cost-effective gun.
L-Brain Sidework opted to create a staple in apocalypse survival. Their previous projects were used as lessons, and something as simple as a Double-Barreled Shotgun should be an easy weapon to master production on. Not only was it an easy weapon to mass-produce, it was also an easy entry-level gun for survivors to handle.
For a small fee, new survivors can get taught by L-Brain Sidework themselves on how to use this weapon effectively to get ahead of the game. Those who pass the class are allowed approval to directly use this weapon on the field without needing to purchase it beforehand.
- As it is a shotgun, this is especially effective at close range.
- Using Double Fire really requires you to get up close and personal with mobs.
- If the close distance makes you uncomfortable, then this Attachment isn't for you.
- If you plan on using this to take down a Brute, try to sneak up on it to deal as much damage as possible while still remaining alive.
- You can unlock this weapon early through the Starter Pack and skip the Rank 2 requirement.
- This was the first shotgun and the third primary weapon to be added to R2DA.
- You can imagine this as the reincarnation of the Shotgun from R2D 2014.
- This was the first weapon to be converted from CSG into a mesh.
- Between v0.7.0 and v0.7.1, there were two DB Shotguns on sale, the Test1 version and the CSG version.
- During the DEMO phase, the damage used to be 48x8 but was lowered to 30x7 for balancing purposes.
- At v0.9.5, accuracy was lowered from 50 to 18.
- This weapon has had multiple price changes throughout its lifetime:
- When it was first released, the DB Shotgun cost 4,000$.
- It was then raised to 5,000$ at v0.5.4.
- It was raised once again to 6,000$ when R2DA was released.
- After that, it was lowered to 4,500$ —the current price— when the Kill Limit update came out.
- Out of all the shotguns, the DB Shotgun deals the most damage per pellet with 30.
- Prior to v0.9.7, the Spas-12 held this record with 31.