Café County is a small concrete island in the middle of the ocean. If you ignore the inconvenience and strangeness of the setting, there are numerous places to establish a base at.
After sailing for a while, survivors ran into Café County. It just exists. There is no rational explanation on why this island exists smack dab in the middle of nowhere. You can't even see the shore.
You're docked here now, and for some unexplainable reason, the once empty island is now swarming with zombies.
Perhaps it would've been wiser to avoid this place entirely.
This map is small, not Foxriver Prison small, but not large enough for you to take forever to get to the other end.
Facing the glass panel, on the east side stands a shipping crate.
Heading towards the middle, a small café can be seen. Some trees, an outdoor eating area of sorts, and a truck can be seen on display behind it.
A little bit to the left is a building that's under construction in an L-shape.
On the west end lies a Fire Department building and a Firetruck. There's a fire escape attached to the building, so you can evacuate safely if you want to.
- If you camp in the Fire Department building, bring a Hammer.
- Don't try the café. A Brute can easily destroy you in there.
- Survivors do not spawn in set locations. They're all random locations.
- Despite being quite small compared to other maps, it's quite spacious in some areas.
- You might find yourself running out of stamina quite often when running to different areas.
- A Bell, a Pipebomb, a Starlight or an Airstrike are good choices to bring on this map.
- Due to the small size of the map, spawn killing can be a problem here.
- You can climb the large tree near the café for a hidden perch in the leaves. It's suitable for sniping.
- The glass on the Fire Department building doesn't break at all compared to what you've seen so far.
- Why this is so is simple. It's to prevent zombies from getting to survivors in there too easily.
- Before v0.9.9, a partial part of this map appeared in the initial launch where you could've chosen your Universe.
- This is not GammaShock's first map as he helped StreetBuilder create Casius Outpost.
- During development, the Fire Department was originally another building under construction.
- JohnMaribs and Johncena2305alt1 have both helped GammaShock with creating some models on the map.
- This map is similar to Arcade Town from R2D 2014. Some advertising from that map can be seen here as well.
- There is a poster on the café showing the thumbnail from R2D 2014's Rambo Knife update.
- This is a rather infamous map due to how often it is abused to farm cash on one of its Gamemodes, Arena.