The Baseball Bat is a great weapon for stunning zombies and for making a quick escape. As you can hit four mobs with a single swing, you can easily incapacitate a small horde that is after you.
The damage is serviceable and can kill zombies, but also keep in mind that swinging this will consume a lot of stamina. This makes this weapon rather inefficient and will leave you vulnerable in the critical moments. Even if the damage is tempting, you should only use this to stun zombies. You have a gun for a reason.
This is a staple of many zombie apocalypse stories and movies. Besides a shotgun, this is an example of classic survival weapon.
Crafted from a simple ash tree, every copy is not only built for sports, but for also smashing fleshy things in. Normal bats would not be able to deal with the stress of hitting something besides a ball. For a small extra fee, L-Brain Sidework will engrave your name on the side.
Modifications are encouraged. In fact, they have recently started to produce some Barbed Wire to start you off.
- You can probably consider this as a direct upgrade to the Shovel.
- Two extra units of energy aren't that much, but who knows?
- Manage your targets and try to hit as many mobs as you can.
- Hitting just one is a waste of both energy and time.
- In Vs. Environment, this is basically essential to survive.
- The knockback will push zombies away from you.
- This can be useful in planning an escape. It also trips them.
- If you plan on killing flailing targets, just shoot them instead.
- In Capture the Base, this can help keep zombies away.
- If you are being surrounded, spin around while swinging.
- This move repels everything surrounding you.
- On top of that, it has a chance to hit the same target twice.
- Tactical II is a great pairing with this as it gives bonus stamina.
- Booster items as well can really help you go on a rampage.
- Purchase the Barbed Wire attachment for some extra damage.
- This is the second returning melee weapon from R2D 2014.
- This was the first melee to have an Attachment.
- This weapon consumes the most energy with a single swing, even exceeding the Shovel which uses 13, tied with the Chainsaw.
- Classic is a reference to what the Baseball Bat looked like in R2D 2014.
- The overall design of that, however, is based off the Bat from Team Fortress 2.