The Baseball Bat is a great weapon for stunning zombies and for making a quick escape. As you can hit four mobs with a single swing, you can easily incapacitate a small horde that is after you.
The damage is serviceable and can kill zombies, but also keep in mind that swinging this will consume a lot of stamina. This makes the Baseball Bat rather inefficient and will leave you vulnerable in the critical moments. Even if the damage is tempting, you should only use this to stun zombies. You have a gun for a reason.
This is a staple of many zombie apocalypse stories and movies. Besides a shotgun, this is an example of classic survival weapon.
Crafted from a simple ash tree, every copy is not only built for sports, but for also smashing fleshy things in. Normal bats would not be able to deal with the stress of hitting something besides a ball. For a small extra fee, L-Brain Sidework will engrave your name on the side.
Modifications are encouraged. In fact, they have recently started to produce some Barbed Wire to start you off.
- Manage your targets and try to hit as many mobs as you can.
- Hitting just one is a waste of both energy and time.
- The knockback will push zombies out of your range.
- This can be useful in planning an escape.
- If you plan on killing your flailing targets, just shoot them instead.
- The knockback can be helpful on Capture the Base to keep zombies away from the flag.
- If you are being surrounded, you can quickly spin for a spin attack to repel everything surrounding you.
- This also has a small chance to hit the same target twice.
- Equipping the Tactical II is recommended for this weapon as it gives bonus stamina.
- Bringing in Booster items can really help you go on a rampage.
- If you want to deal extra damage to zombies, purchase the Barbed Wire attachment.
- This is a returning weapon from R2D 2014.
- This was the first melee to have an Attachment.
- This weapon consumes the most energy with a single swing, even exceeding the Shovel which uses 13.
- Not only that, but it also has the highest multi-hit capabilities out of all the melees with 4.
- Classic is a reference to what the Baseball Bat looked like in R2D 2014.
- The overall design of it is based off the Bat from Team Fortress 2.