The AK-47, short for Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947, could be considered a more speedy version of the M1A1 Thompson. Having virtually the same DPS and accuracy, this weapon is also great at tearing down hordes, but similar to the Thompson and other automatic weapons, it chews through ammo quickly. Aim for headshots, try to hit your shots, and you'll be fine. Try to keep in mind that if all those soldiers used this weapon against intelligent beings, using it against braindead corpses is probably one of your best bets.
This rifle could be considered a relic of the first generation of the SANI outbreak. It was a favorite of survivors when it was being widely used in 2009, and then went out of service for a few years due to unknown reasons. It has recently been put back into production. It was a classic weapon before the outbreak, and realizing this, R-Brain Hardwork decided to take advantage of its fame and began to create it again.
- The AK-47 has a high rate of fire with low damage. With this in mind, you should try to aim for as many head shots as possible.
- If you must engage at long range, it is best to tap fire.
- There isn't a whole lot of difference between this weapon and the Thompson, other than the AK-47 having somewhat better performance at medium ranges and slightly less damage output at close ranges.
- For a better comparison of the two, click here.
- Chews through Brutes as long as you can land successive head shots.
- It's recommended to have a reliable secondary, as you will run out of ammo quickly.
- When ADS, the gun has some vertical recoil, requiring some compensation by pulling down.
- The AK-47 is the seventh returning weapon from R2D.
- This was the first weapon that was removed to be re-added.
- This is a remake of the Kalashnikova from DEMO.
- This assault rifle shares the same sound as the Remington 700 and the Dragunov, but the sound is slightly louder.
- The AK-47 actually carries only 30 rounds but has 35 in R2DA to compensate for the low damage.
- Although the AK-47 does 28 damage in-game, in real-life its 7.62x39mm calibre bullets are actually pretty strong as they're thick for its short length.
- Surprisingly expensive compared to real life, as AK-47s are cheap to manufacture.
- Formerly required Rank 17 and 45,000$ until v0.9.4.