A large map. Snipers will have good sight-lines, it's easy to run and gun, and most objectives are pretty easy to complete. There are various good spots to group up at, and ammo boxes are plentiful. The large map size may leave you stranded though, with the nearest survivor very far away.
This location in general is quite isolated and underdeveloped. As such, funding for any common amenities never got fulfilled. With the lack of authority presence, crime quickly took over these streets. All work here was voluntary, and all people who were interested in making this place shine slowly faded away.
The prominent gangs in this urban area left Kingstreet in a ruined state even before the apocalypse began.
The map consists of a bridge, multiple large buildings, a destroyed subway, tenements and other notable structures.
On one side of the bridge stands a garage of sorts, and is set as the survivor spawn. On Campaign, the Victory Truck spawns with you as well. Traversing the bridge itself is takes some time, and encompasses a good third of the map. Although the bridge is difficult to climb onto, there is some scaffolding that makes a good sniper's perch. The subway runs below the map and under the bridge. You can see the Trolley, regarded for it's appearance in Mogadishu Transit, partly derailed on the tracks under the bridge.
Various buildings can be entered, but all are basically devoid of any decoration.
- The top of the bridge holds a structure, which is suitable for professional snipers. Quite useful in Free For All.
- The tan-coloured ammo box will not give ammo. It doesn't work at all, so don't try.
- This is the old version of an Ammo Station which was left over from DEMO.
- As a survivor, you can actually get to the top of the yellow triangular building by going up the structure beside it then climbing up on the pallets on the top floor.
- As of v1.0.0a, Diggers can now use their Dig ability on this map.
- They can't dig on the bridge or in the subway tunnels.
- Watch out for Stalkers as they will try to drop you into one of the cracks to make you fall into the water.
- This was the second map in the game after Panama Beach.
- Out of all the maps, Kingstreet has the most Supply Boxes, tied with both Victoria Harbor and Terminal Decay.
- 1930's Kingstreet holds the record for hosting the most Gamemodes, but only if you include removed ones.
- This is one of the more noticeable maps to improve when you raise your graphics. Instead of grey buildings, they now become textured with a brown brick-like look.
- Originally, the water seen below the map would not kill you.
- For the Christmas Event 2016 and 2017, this map got a makeover!
- During the DEMO period, it was referred as "Kingstreet" alone.
- PlaceRebuilder commented that this map was inspired by gang activity that was prevalent in the 1940's.
- This map supposedly takes place before S.S. Boliviar.